With two little ones in our home now, I find myself cooking more often. Gone are the days of going out to eat several nights a week or ordering takeout every other night. Taking two kids two and under to a restaurant just doesn’t lead to the most relaxing meal. Plus, kids are expensive, and so are restaurants. So, cooking at home just makes sense.
With all this cooking we’ve been doing lately, I’ve noticed that I have a bunch of things in my kitchen (stuffed in drawers) that I rarely use. These are items that are just taking up space, and my goal this spring is to let go of any kitchen products that we haven’t used in the past couple of years. It’s time to clear out the clutter!
There are, however, some kitchen products that I just can’t live without. These are things I use on a weekly, if not daily basis. I thought I’d share them with you in case you find them helpful as well.
My Top 10 Favorite Kitchen Products
1. OXO Good Grips Jar Opener – I seriously don’t know what I would do without this jar opener. I have the older version of the OXO Jar Opener, and I use it all the time! It works so well with almost any size jar. This is a must-have in every kitchen!
2. Snapware 24-Piece Total Solution Food Storage Set, Glass – I received this set as a gift, and I immediately wanted to get rid of all of my plastic storage containers. The quality is so much better, and the Snap Lock Lids provide an airtight and leak-proof seal. I eventually threw out most of our plastic containers, and now we can actually organize our storage containers and see what we have. This glass set is durable and worth every penny!
3. KitchenAid Shears – I use scissors in the kitchen all the time! They are great for cutting meat, veggies, toddler food, and the list goes on. If something can be cut with shears instead of with a knife, my first choice is to always use the shears. So much easier!
4. Digital Instant Read Thermometer – After years of going off recipe cooking times and hoping the meat was cooked, I finally realized I should be using a meat thermometer. This digital thermometer is so easy to use and simple to clean. I use it every time I cook meat.
5. OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup – I love this measuring cup because of its size and unique angled measuring surface. I am able to see the amount of liquid as I fill the cup. So convenient!
6. Chef’s Knife – So this is my husband’s pick… I use our knives from our wedding knife set from 10 years ago, but my husband says this knife is pretty awesome for the price. He uses it when he cooks at the firehouse.
7. KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer – I received this mixer as a gift a couple of years ago, and it has been so helpful to have in the kitchen. I love to bake, and this mixer makes baking so much more efficient. I love being able to just dump the ingredients into the bowl, and then let the mixer do the rest.
8. Mikasa Antique White 40-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 8 – I bought this set a couple of years ago when many of our older plates were chipping. I love it! It’s beautiful and has great reviews. I hope it lasts a long time! I received the matching cereal bowls this past Christmas.
9. Scotch-Brite Stay Clean Dishwand Sponge – This makes washing dishes so much easier. Just fill it with dish soap and scrub away. I love that the scrubbing head can be easily replaced as needed.
10. Slow Cooker – The best invention ever for moms of little ones! My mother-in-law gave me this slow cooker a couple of years ago, and I use it all the time! I hadn’t used one much prior to receiving this one; I had no idea what I was missing. Slow cookers make some pretty amazing meals! My two favorite slow cooker recipes are chili and shredded chicken. So easy and so good!
What are your favorite kitchen products that you find yourself using on a daily or weekly basis?