We purchased the Baby Jogger City Select with 2nd Seat when I was pregnant with our second daughter. We had been using the City Mini, which we loved, but we needed to upgrade to a double stroller. The City Select Double Stroller has been great for so many reasons. Below I have listed our top-5 reasons why we love the City Select Double Stroller.
1. Versatility – With 16 seating configurations, the City Select works well for growing families. It makes traveling with multiple kids much easier. We are currently using a car seat adapter on the top level that fits with our Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat facing us and then a seat facing forward for our toddler. This has made going on walks and shopping so much easier. It can also be easily changed into a single stroller which is great for the times I have the little one in the Solly wrap and just need the stroller for our oldest. In addition to using it with a second seat or car seat, you can purchase a bassinet kit that fits the stroller as well.
2. Huge Basket – I LOVE the basket that comes with the City Select Double Stroller. With plenty of space for a diaper bag, purse, and more, it makes shopping so much more convenient when you have a place to put all your belongings.
3. Big Canopies – Each seat has its own adjustable UPF 50+ sun canopy that provides plenty of shade for your little one. They are large in size and have a window on top so you can see your children as they ride.
4. Awesome Accessories – With add-ons like the Baby Jogger Parent Console, which has an insulated cup holder and storage space, this double stroller becomes an easy place to store drinks, keys, phones, and more as you shop, travel, or go on a walk.
5. Narrow – I love that the seats on this stroller are tiered rather than side-by-side as the stroller easily fits through most doorways and down most aisles.
The two drawbacks are its size and weight when folded. It’s pretty easy to fold up with its patented Quick-Fold Technology; it just takes up quite a bit of trunk space. I think both drawbacks are to be expected with a double stroller.
The stroller is pricey, but what’s great about the City Select is you can purchase the parts you need as your family grows. Instead of buying the double stroller, you can always start with City Select Single Stroller and then add the Second Seat Kit whenever you’re ready for it. The same goes for the bassinet kit, adapter, and any other Baby Jogger products you want to add.