This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Are you looking for a cheap date idea?
Date nights do not have to be expensive. In fact, some of the most fun dates I’ve had with my husband have been the low key nights at home on the couch.
Below you will find ideas for fun but cheap dates with your significant other!
Cheap Date Ideas – $5 or Less!
- Go out for ice cream! Head to Wendy’s for a Frosty, McDonald’s or Dairy Queen for a Cone, or Braum’s for some frozen yogurt.
- Rent a movie. Find a Redbox and enjoy a movie night at home.
- Go out for snow cones! Find a local snow cone stand and enjoy a fun treat.
- Go for a walk. Head outside and go on a walk around the neighborhood or at a local park. It’s wonderful exercise and a great way to talk and enjoy each other’s company.
- Cook a new meal at home. Find a new recipe and cook a meal together at home. You can make it special by lighting some candles or eating outside on the patio. If you’re like me and struggle to find new meal ideas, you’ll want to check out this awesome meal plan. Each week, you receive delicious meal ideas along with a shopping list sent straight to your inbox… These meals use simple ingredients and are great for families! All for five bucks a month!
- Register for a Home Depot workshop. Did you know Home Depot offers free DIY workshops? Check out which workshops are available near you and sign up for one together.
- Enjoy Sonic Happy Hour prices anytime! Get 1/2 Price Drinks and Slushes any time you order ahead using the SONIC app.
- Enjoy music together. Do you or your significant other have a guitar, a piano, another instrument, or like to sing? You can relax on the patio and play some guitar or stay in and sing along to your favorite songs on the piano. You can also go for a scenic drive while listening to your favorite Pandora station.
- Go on a coffee date. Grab some Freshly Brewed Coffee at Starbucks and enjoy fun conversation.
- Head out for a staycation! Stay the night at a nice hotel in the area for free by using points. For example, with the Hilton Honors American Express credit card, you can earn bonus points for purchases at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, and many other places, and there’s no annual fee! We use our card all the time, pay off the balance in full every month, and have enjoyed numerous free stays at a variety of hotels in the Hilton brand including Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites. If you’d like to apply for a Hilton Honors American Express through my referral link, you can earn 65,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $1,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months of Card membership.
- Go on a Taco Bell date. Head to Taco Bell and order from the Dollar Cravings menu.
- Play sports together. Play tennis at a local court, kick the soccer ball around a nearby field, shoot some hoops, throw a frisbee… Grab whatever sporting equipment you already have in the garage or closet and head outside for some fun. Sports are great way to exercise and even incorporate some friendly competition.
- Enjoy a Slurpee! Head on over to 7-Eleven and enjoy a Slurpee date.
- Create vision boards. Think about your goals and dreams. Gather some old magazines and begin clipping pictures and quotes that represent where you see yourself in the future… Paste these pictures and quotes onto a piece of paper or poster board. You can do two separate boards or one board together as a couple. It’s a fun way to get the conversation going about where you hope to see yourselves in the years to come.
- Go on a picnic. Make some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pack some chips, find a shade tree, and enjoy a nice picnic.
- Work out together. You can go on a run or work out together at home.
- Go swimming. Do you have a pool, or is there a pool in your neighborhood? If so, head outside for a swim.
- Ride bikes. Take a ride around your neighborhood, or even better, find some new trails to explore in your town.
Below are some great resources for shopping, saving money, making money, and more!
Ebates – Ebates is a free and easy way to earn cash back when shopping online. Some of my favorite places to shop through Ebates include: Amazon, Target, Etsy, Old Navy, Lowe’s, Walmart, and more! Ebates earns a commission on referrals, and they share that commission with you. I talk about it in depth in my post here: How To Earn Cash with Ebates. It’s super easy (and free) to join. You just provide your email address, and choose a password. You can get a $10 cash bonus after your first $25 purchase by signing up through my link here.
Ibotta – Ibotta is another free way to earn cash back. It’s like using coupons without the hassle of clipping coupons. You simply sign up for a free account and then after you shop, scan your products that have coupons in the app, scan your receipt, and watch the cash fall into your Ibotta account. I use the app when I shop at Target and Kroger, but there are a lot of places you can use the service. You can receive a $10 welcome bonus by signing up through my link here.
Airbnb – Airbnb is a great way to travel. Instead of staying at hotels, you can rent someone’s house, apartment, or room. I have even seen people list their Airstream trailers for rent. How cool is that?! We used Airbnb on our last trip to Washington, D.C., and it was awesome. We stayed in a cute little neighborhood near Dupont Circle and were able to walk to the grocery store, local bookstore, and local restaurants nearby. There were four of us total, and we rented the whole apartment and had everything we needed for a great stay. If you’re looking for a fun, cost effective way to travel, check out Airbnb. This referral link will give you $40 toward your first trip.
Free Blogging Resources – There are so many amazing free blogging resources available that I listed all of my favorites in one place. From learning how to start a blog to learning how to increase page views… even a free Pinterest course! You can access the full list in this blog post here.