This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
After hearing about Stitch Fix for quite some time, I finally decided to give it a try. With two little ones at home, I rarely make it to the stores to purchase clothing for myself, and if I do, it’s a quick trip. We’re usually in and out within 15 to 20 minutes without much time to look around.
What is Stitch Fix?
Here’s a little info from their website: “Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you.”
How does it work?
Stylists will put together a selection of five items according to your taste, budget, and style, and the items are shipped directly to you. Anything you choose not to keep can be easily returned. Simple! No endless scrolling through online clothing retailers, picking out things that may or may not work, printing return labels, and finding time to make a trip to the post office for returns. Stitch Fix provides customers with a personalized shopping experience in a super convenient way.
Once I learned about Stitch Fix and how it worked, I thought it may be the perfect solution to my tired wardrobe. I scheduled my first “Fix” a couple of weeks ago, and my shipment arrived on my doorstep five days later. I tried on the items at home and ended up with a new outfit that I LOVE. It was such a fun and easy shopping experience that I will definitely be scheduling another one!
10 Reasons to Love Stitch Fix
1. Stylist-picked clothing – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked through a store and thought to myself, “I just need someone to pick out my clothes for me!” I always end up with the same few things to try on and leave with nothing new or exciting to add to my wardrobe. With Stitch Fix, you have that personal shopper! Someone selects items based on YOUR style, shape, budget, and size. It’s truly personalized as they say that no two people have ever received the same combination of items.
2. Personalized picks – How does your stylist know what kind of items to pick for you? One of the great things about Stitch Fix is you get to set up your Style Profile. This is very simple to do. You just answer questions about your size, style, fit/cut preferences, and budget, and then rate different combinations of example items. This helps your stylist understand your personal style. I love how the items I kept were things I probably wouldn’t have picked off the rack in a store to try on.
3. Quality – Stitch Fix works with top brands to provide items of excellent quality to their customers. When I tried on my items, I was so impressed with the material. I could tell that the items were made with quality fabrics that would last.
4. Comfort of home – As a mom to a toddler and baby, I can say that Stitch Fix makes shopping for clothes so much easier! Having a personalized selection of clothes arrive on my doorstep is so convenient! Then, I love being able to try them on in my own home over the course of a few days without the hassle of going to the store. Stitch Fix is such a time saver!
5. Outfit suggestions – Not only does your stylist pick out five items for you to try on, she also writes a note with outfit suggestions for those items along with some photos of options. I found this to be super helpful!
6. More than just clothes – With Stitch Fix, you can receive more than just clothes. They may also include jewelry, scarves, handbags, and shoes in your shipment depending on your Style Profile choices.
7. Styling fee can be applied toward purchase – There is a $20 styling fee, but it can be applied toward anything you keep in your shipment.
8. Free shipping & free returns – Stitch Fix has free shipping and free returns. Just place any unwanted items in the provided prepaid envelope and set it out to be picked up by your mail carrier. I returned three items in my first shipment.
9. Three days – Stitch Fix gives you three days to try on and return any unwanted items. I love this because it’s plenty of time to try on the clothing, but also encourages you to make a decision. For example, when I shop at actual stores, it may be weeks before I get around to trying on a new top again at home. Then, if I decide to return it, it can take me another few weeks to make it back to the store for the return. With Stitch Fix, you decide within three days and return the unwanted items in the prepaid envelope. I like having the deadline.
10. Order anytime – Stitch Fix is flexible with ordering. You can order one Fix at a time or sign up for a subscription. It’s totally up to you! There are no membership fees or subscription requirements. You are simply charged a styling fee with each Fix that you schedule, which can then be credited toward the purchase of any of the items in your shipment.
Bonus! – They offer maternity items and gift cards!
Stitch Fix is a super fun way to shop for clothing. As a mom, I love it because it saves me time. I am able to purchase good quality items that I actually enjoy wearing, and I love that my wardrobe is getting updated and refreshed in the process. Click here to learn more about Stitch Fix.